While saying the Our Fathers, the Hail Marys and the Glorias in each Decade meditate upon the particular mystery of the Rosary which you are saying.
The Twenty Mysteries of the Rosary
(The Five Joyful Mysteries)
1. The Annunciation and the Incarnation of the Word
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Our Lord
4. The presentation of the Child Jesus in the Temple
5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
(The Five Sorrowful Mysteries)
1. The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden
2. The Scourging of Our Lord at the Pillar
3. The Crowning of Our Lord with thorns
4. Jesus carries his Cross
5. The Crucifixion
(The Five Glorious Mysteries)
1. The Ressurection of Our Lord Jesus Christ
2. The Ascenion of Our Lord into Heaven
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles
4. The Assumption of Our Lady into Heaven
5. The Crowning of Our Lady in Heaven
(The Five Mysteries of Light )
1. His Baptism in the Jordan
2. His self-manifestation at the wedding of Cana,
3. His proclamation of the Kingdom of God, with his call to conversion.
4. His transfiguration,
5. His institution of the Eucharist, as the sacramental expression of the Paschal
The prayers of the Rosary
The Apostles Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty
Creator of heaven and earth
and in Jesus Christ
His only son Our Lord
Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
born of the Virgin Mary
Suffered under Pontius Pilate
was crucifed, died and was buried
He desended to the dead
On the third day he rose again from the dead
He ascended into Heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty
From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead
I believe in The Holy Spirit
The Holy Catholic Church
The communion of Saints
The forgiveness of sins
The resurection of the dead
and the life everlasting. Amen
The Our Father Prayer
Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done on earth
as it is in Heaven
Give us this day
Our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those
who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
The Hail Mary Prayer
Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit
As it was
In the beginning is now
and ever shall be
World without end. Amen.
Say the Fatima prayer after each decade
O my Jesus
Forgive us our sins
and save us from the fires of hell
and bring all souls to heaven
Especially those who most need
of Thy mercy
After the Rosary you say the Hail Holy Queen prayer (Salve Regina)
Hail Holy Queen
Mother of Mercy
Hail Our life, Our sweetness, and our Hope!
to thee do we cry
poor vanished children of Eve
To thee do we send up our sighs
Mourning and weeping in this valley of tears
Turn then most gracious advocate
Thine eyes of mercy towards us
and after this our exile
Show unto us
the Blessed fruit of Thy womb Jesus
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.
The fifteen promises Of Mary to those who recite the Rosary
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
3. The rosary shall be powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctity themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly; applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His Justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9 I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan)
PATRICK J. HAYES. D.D.
Archbishop of New York
Information about the Rosary
Our Lady has 117 titles. She selected this title at Fatima: I am the Lady of the Rosary.
St. Francis de Sales said the greatest method of praying
is - Pray the Rosary.
St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome Italy on just the Hail Mary.
St. John Vianney, patron of priests, was seldom seen without a rosary in his hand.
The rosary is the scourge of the devil" - Pope Adrian VI
"The rosary is a treasure of graces" - Pope Paul V.
Padre Pio the stigmatic priest said: “The rosary is THE WEAPON"
Pope Leo X111 wrote 9 encyclicals on the rosary.
Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about our Lady and the Rosary. He prayed 15 decades daily.
St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: The rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who so loves His Mother."
If you wish to obtain a favour: Pray The 54-day ROSARY NOVENA. Pray 3 nine day rosary novenas - 27 days of petition; Pray 3 nine day rosary novenas - 27 days of thanksgiving
for their benefactors